Address: Av. Del Libertador 1902 – Palermo
This museum functions in a building known as the Errazuriz Palace (former property of the Chilean diplomat Matías Errazuriz, married to Josefina de Alvear). Its style recalls the magnanimous palaces of those times that followed the imposing pattern of the mansions conceived as “private hotels”. Each room displays a different style, like the renaissance, Louis XV and Louis XVI, resembling a tour through the development of art along the centuries. It also displays European objects, furniture and works of great value. It accounts for a significant part of the artistic and intellectual development in the country. The government bought the place in 1937, and opened this museum, apart from making it the seat of the National Academy of Fine Arts and the Argentine Academy of Literature.