Address: Defensa 1600 – San Telmo
It stands in Parque Lezama, in a sumptuous neo-renaissance style establishment called “The Country House of the English” until 1857, when it was acquired by the Salta businessman Gregorio Lezama, who is responsible for that beautiful elevated park that received his name.
In 1887, the park was declared public place by the city authorities, who bought the mansion two years later. In 1910, the mansion was set for the current purpose; it displays a number of art and iconographic works, and objects and testimonies that retell history dating from the conquest to the constitutional presidencies. The lay out attempts at presenting each historical period by itself. There is a library with 1500 books available to historians as well as to the general public.
It opens everyday, except for Saturdays, from 12am to 6pm.