In the last few decades, Argentine Patagonia has experienced an unprecedented real estate boom. Many rich personalities have acquired huge estancias, great mansions and built unbelievable houses.
Villa La Angostura is one of these sought after places by magnates, artists, politicians and businessmen. The Cumelén Country Club is a very exclusive place situated only 3 km. from town. Most of the houses here are worth in the millions and admission to the club requires going through a strict acceptance procedure by the Board of Directors.
These celebrities can walk freely on the streets of Villa la Angostura since it offers all the facilities without the harassment of photographers, fans, journalists, etc.
A well known example was that of telecommunications tycoon Ted Turner and his ex-wife actress Jane Fonda who in an interview on the General Roca newspaper Diario Río Negro said “Patagonia is one of the most beautiful places in the world”, and they were sincere: they bought an estate in the area.
- The City of Caesars: The Abandoned Fort
- Nazi Submarines in Caleta de los Loros?
- Harry Potter in Argentina
- The Nahuelito Enigma
- Viedma’s Lighthouse and Library: 120 years old
- Far West Bandits
- Biggest Dinosaur on Earth found in Patagonia
- Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid In Patagonia
- The Shipwreck of the Monte Cervantes