Bariloche / El Calafate / San Martín de Los Andes / Villa La Angostura / Junín de Los Andes / Perito Moreno / Copahue and Caviahue / Villa Traful / El Bolsón / Esquel / El Chaltén / Trevelin / Northern Neuquén / Los Antiguos / Villa Pehuenia
The Patagonian and Tierra del Fuego Andes extend west of the region. It is a mountainous area, of cold and humid climate, covered by exuberant forests, with very tall trees as the lengas, coihues, araucarias, alerces and arrayanes.
The extensive forests and snow-capped mountains share the space with lakes of crystal-clear waters, natural fluents of thermal waters and further to the south, the imposing glaciers.
Its mountains are ideal to engage in long walks and trekking, and they are also excellent take off platforms for paragliders and hang gliders. Unique experiences as visualizing great glaciers and visiting estancias. In winter, several ski centers offer ski slopes and trails for Nordic or cross country, Andean or Alpine skiing, snowboard and sleigh modalities.
The great number of lakes invite you to the practice of nautical sports, diving and, during summer, enjoy the beaches suitable for bathing.
Fishing constitutes another great attraction.
Undoubtedly, Andean Patagonia is a region with the greatest number of places to enjoy! Know all of them!
- Villa Traful
- El Bolsón
- Excursions in Villa Traful
- San Martín de Los Andes
- El Chaltén & Mount Fitz Roy: Helpful advice for a splendid first time visit
- Villa La Angostura
- Los Antiguos
- Excursions in Caviahue – Copahue
- Excursions at Los Antiguos
- Northern Neuquén: A territory to explore
- Caviahue – Copahue
- Excursions at Northern Neuquén
- Perito Moreno
- Excursions in Perito Moreno
- Villa Pehuenia
- Junín de los Andes
- Excursions in Villa Pehuenia Moquehue
- Bariloche: where the Andes and the Alps look alike
- El Calafate: gateway to Perito Moreno Glacier
- El Bolsón