Marpatag Cruise “The spirit of the glaciers”
A new ship, the Santa Cruz Cruise, offers 44 passengers the privilege of¬† enjoying something truly different on their stay in El Calafate: to share the quest for the ‚ÄúSpirit of the Glaciers‚ÄĚ.
The trip, in detail:
This season Marpatag offers its passengers the most complete cruise to the inside of the glaciers: three days and two nights on board, enjoying top-notch activities and premium services.
Day 1: The tour departs from private port La Soledad, Bah√≠a Tranquila, in the area of¬†Puerto Bandera. There, the crew will make the necessary introductions and will provide you with all the information you need about the trip.
Sailing starts around 6.30 PM. A short sail to Alemana Bay, on-board entertainment and dinner make up the first day.
Day 2: On the following day, after breakfast, passengers disembark in the area of Puesto de Vacas for a short walk.¬†Later, navigation continues towards the¬†Spegazzini Glacier, which shows us¬†all its splendor, the sun shining bright over its tall ice walls. There we have lunch. After lunch¬†the ship sets sail towards the massive¬†Upsala Glacier. The sight of the first icebergs indicates its proximity.¬†This glacier is one of the greatest and biggest ones in the National Park; it rises to a height of 7 km (4.35 mi).¬†Afterwards, the vessel cruises along the¬†Seno Mayo, where passengers have dinner¬†and overnight in¬†Toro¬†Bay.
Day 3: After a short sailing passengers disembark for a short walk into the Andean Patagonian forest to a viewpoint from which the Mayo and Negro glaciers are observed. Then, as a Grand Finale, the cruise goes to the¬†Perito Moreno Glacier, through the Iceberg Channel. There, very close to the terminus and to the ice slides, passengers will feel unique ¬†facing the world’s most spectacular glacier and its breathtaking views.
After this, passengers disembark in Puesto Vacas and then set sail back to Puerto Bah√≠a Tranquila, at around 4 PM.
The cruise offers a luxury service, in a three-days / two-nights program including:
- Two days of navigation in Lake Argentino, enjoying the sight of the Upsala, Mayo, and Spegazzini glaciers, and of course, the Perito Moreno.
- Two nights on board in a double cabin with private bathroom and outdoor view. The ship complies with every safety regulation and is equipped with the comfort the demanding passenger requires.
- Full board, including alcohol drinks during meals.
- Coffee, tea and non-alcohol drinks provided throughout the trip.
- Disembarkation in Seno Mayo and Puesto Vacas.
- Activities on board, with an English-speaking guide.
- Departure and arrival transfers from and to El Calafate.
- Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park.
PRICES FOR PEAK SEASON From November 1st to February 28th:
Deluxe Cabin: Double: U$S 1840 ‚Äď Single: U$S 2300
Premium Cabin: Double: U$S 2120 ‚Äď Single: U$S 2640
Grand Suite Cabin: Double: U$S 3120 ‚Äď Single: U$S 4290